The Patient Resources Section is intended to provide information about your appointment and our office.
If you would like to speak with an Elizabeth Wende Breast Care Patient Advocate, please call (585) 442-2190 ext 207.
About Your Appointment with Elizabeth Wende Breast Care
If you are scheduled for a screening mammogram but you or your doctor have found a new lump that did not disappear, or if an old lump or thickening is getting bigger, please call the office at (585) 442-3922 as your appointment will need to be rescheduled.
If you have any questions, please call our appointment line 585-442-2190 or send a message via your portal account (portal.ewbc.com).
If you are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath or feel unwell, please call our office prior to your appointment. In compliance with NYS DOH, patients must wear a face cover over nose and mouth and companions are not allowed in the facility.
Covid-19 has affected all of us in some way. Please know we are committed to protecting every patient and staff member. For information on Coronavirus: cdc.gov
EWBC cares about the safety of our patients and staff. In this unprecedented time, our exceptional care continues with a new patient experience.
- All patients and staff are required to wear masks covering nose and mouth
- Additionally, we pre-screen patients for symptoms of Covid-19 during the scheduling process and again upon arrival
- Daily health screening of all EWBC staff
- We are not allowing companions in the building and ask they wait in the car during the appointment
Our team is deep cleaning on a continual basis throughout the day. Imaging equipment and exam rooms are disinfected after each patient as well as all waiting rooms, common areas and frequently touched surfaces.
We are practicing social distancing throughout our office. Appointments and seating have been expanded to minimize interaction.
BREAST IMAGING ONLY
For your safety, you can rest assured we only perform breast imaging at each of our private office locations.
We strive to offer exceptional care in a safe environment for our patients.In an effort to reduce the risk of exposing our patients, their families and caregivers, and our staff to Covid-19 we are implementing a visitor restriction at this time.
- All patients are to be unaccompanied upon entering the facility
- If transportation assistance is required, we will gladly contact your driver on their cell phone regarding appointment completion information and wait times at the patient’s request
- Pediatric patients (under 18) may be accompanied by one designated guardian
- Patients requiring an aide or caregiver due to mental or physical disabilities
Deodorant: Deodorant can be worn during your appointment.
Illness: In consideration of our other patients and staff, if you are
ill or have a contagious condition at the time of your appointment,
please call us to reschedule.
Perfume & Glitter Lotions: Please refrain from wearing.
Pregnancy or Possible Pregnancy: Please inform staff.
- Go online to portal.ewbc.com
- Log onto the portal as an existing patient. Select: I would like a portal
account. If you want immediate portal access, choose: text.
- Review Personal Info
- Enter or update your information
- Click on the Save button at the very bottom of the form
If you need help, please call 585-442-2190, opt 1, opt 2. If you do not have a computer
or an email address, you may complete paperwork at your appointment.
- Your current insurance card
- List of your current medications
- Photo I.D.
- Any insurance co-payment or deductible
- Referral script from your doctor (if needed)
- Face covering (covers nose and mouth)
Payment is expected at time of visit whether you have a copay or deductible plan. Please be aware additional testing is considered diagnostic and may result in out-of-pocket expenses to you due to deductibles, co-insurance and/or co-pays.
Every insurance policy is different – please consult with your insurance company to determine if your diagnostic tests will be covered.
There will be an additional $20 charge for co-payments and deductibles not received at time of service.
There will be a $20 charge for appointments canceled with less than 24 hours notice.
Patients that have implants, please note that deflation and rupture are among the known risks of having implants.