Elizabeth Wende Breast Care’s Distinctions & Accreditations
Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE)
ACR Gold Standard Accreditation:
The Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation recognizes our dedication to improving women’s health by participating in a rigorous quality assurance program, and procedure evaluations are conducted by board-certified radiologists and medical physicists who are experts in the field.
The ACR awards accreditation to facilities for achieving high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of its practice.
The program also evaluates personnel qualifications, adequacy of facility equipment, quality control procedures, and quality assurance programs. This signifies that Elizabeth Wende Breast Care provides services at the highest standards of the radiology profession. To receive the ACR’s Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation, a center must be fully accredited in the:
- Mammography by the ACR (or an FDA-approved state accrediting body)
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy by the ACR
- Breast Ultrasound by the ACR (including the Ultrasound-Guided Breast Biopsy module)
- Breast MRI
When you see the gold seals of accreditation prominently displayed at the EWBC, you can be sure that you are in a facility that meets standards for imaging quality and safety. Look for the ACR Gold Seals of Accreditation in Digital Mammography, Ultrasound, Stereotactic Biopsy, and Breast MRI.
To achieve the ACR Gold Standard of Accreditation, our EWBC personnel qualifications, equipment requirements, quality assurance, and quality control procedures have undergone a rigorous review process and met specific qualifications. It’s important for patients to know that board-certified expert radiologists and medical physicists in advanced diagnostic imaging oversee every aspect of the ACR accreditation process.
What does ACR accreditation mean?
- Our facility has voluntarily gone through a vigorous review process to ensure that we meet nationally-accepted standards of care
- Our personnel, through education and certification, are well qualified to perform medical imaging and interpret your images
- Our equipment is appropriate for the test you receive, and our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines
- ACR Accreditation ensures quality care