3D Mammography with C-View
Also called Digital Breast Tomosynthesis (DBT)
Elizabeth Wende Breast Care (EWBC) was an early adopter of this groundbreaking technology by participating in landmark early clinical research that led to FDA approval for 3D mammography and widespread implementation of this new and exciting technology throughout the United States.
EWBC was the first in our region to offer this technology to our patients beginning in the summer of 2011. 3D mammography with C-View is available at all EWBC offices demonstrating our commitment to offer the latest technology to all our patients.
The main benefits of 3D mammography include both increased cancer detection and a decrease in unnecessary callbacks or extra pictures. It truly is a better mammogram.
- A mammogram offering higher breast cancer detection
- Better visualization of breast tissue using 3D image slices
- Beneficial for ALL patients, especially those with
– dense breast tissue – a higher risk of cancer
- No additional radiation compared to 2D digital mammogram
This page is intended as an educational resource only. It is not a substitute for professional care. Please see your physician if you have any concerns about your own health.