Distinctions & Accreditations
Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE)
ACR Gold Standard Accreditation
- Digital Mammography
- Stereotactic Biopsy
- Breast MRI
The Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation recognizes our dedication to improving women’s health by participating in rigorous quality assurance program and procedure evaluations are conducted by board-certified radiologists and medical physicists who are experts in the field.
The ACR awards accreditation to facilities for the achievement of high practice standards after a peer-review evaluation of its practice.
The program also evaluates personnel qualifications, adequacy of facility equipment, quality control procedures and quality assurance programs. This signifies that the Elizabeth Wende Breast Care provides services at the highest standards of the radiology profession In order to receive the ACR’s Breast Imaging Center of Excellence designation, a center must be fully fully accredited in:
- Mammography by the ACR (or an FDA-approved state accrediting body)
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy by the ACR
- Breast Ultrasound by the ACR (including the Ultrasound-Guided Breast Biopsy module)
To achieve the ACR Gold Standard of Accreditation, our EWBC’s personnel qualifications, equipment requirements, quality assurance, and quality control procedures have gone through a rigorous review process and have met specific qualifications. It’s important for patients to know that every aspect of the ACR accreditation process is overseen by board-certified, expert radiologists and medical physicists in advanced diagnostic imaging.
What does ACR accreditation mean?
- Our facility has voluntarily gone through a vigorous review process to ensure that we meet nationally-accepted standards of care.
- Our personnel are well qualified, through education and certification, to perform medical imaging and interpret your images,
- Our equipment is appropriate for the test you will receive, and our facility meets or exceeds quality assurance and safety guidelines.
- ACR Accreditation ensures quality care.
To learn more about the American College of Radiology, please visit: www.acr.org.