Position Description: PART TIME
Contributes to quality patient care while performing diagnostic imaging examinations.
Responsible for understanding MRI safety concepts, resources and regulations.Siemens Aera: to to work on the unit, understand its capabilities, its protocols, image quality, etc. Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation and consent. Perform diagnostic images. Tech will act as liaison with service engineers for both the scanner and the chiller when needed. Be familiar with disaster plan scenarios for power outage, down scanner, etc. (see disaster recovery manual)
Partnership with Lead MRI Technologist:
- Tech must work in partnership with Lead MRI technologist.
- Stay in close communication, especially in times of scanner being down.
Partnership with other MRI techs:
- Be a resource and a teacher where needed.
- Go over images together for maximum quality.
- Two years of Breast MRI experience preferred
- MRI Technologist certification preferred
- Ability to interpret images quality