Join Our Team
Elizabeth Wende Breast Care, LLC employees take great satisfaction in serving our patients and making EWBC a Center of Excellence. They are dedicated and caring professionals whose goal is to make the patients visit here as pleasant as possible often at a time of anxiety.
EWBC offers a competitive benefits package; health & dental coverage, life insurance, long & short term disability and a 401k.
If you are looking for a great work environment, wonderful employees, generous time off, and a workplace committed to helping women, please feel free to send or fax your resume.
We will keep your resume on file for one year in the event a job is posted. Thank you for your interest in EWBC.
Position Description: To prepare MRI patients for their exams. Obtain IV access, review medical history to ensure patient is able to safely complete the exam.
- Provide education and support to patients having MRI
- Screen patients for safety
- Place IV for MRI contrast administration
- Triage any patient reactions, document, and communicate with referring doctors
- Triage any EWBC patients within the office who are in need of medical assistance throughout their appointment
- Demonstrate ability and appropriate technical skills when administering treatments and procedures in accordance with physician’s orders
- Work with Radiologist following specific guidelines in determining patients who will require medication for MRI due to history of allergy reaction to contrast dye. Contact patient to communicate directions.
- Order and stock supplies needed for MRI injections and patient care
- Maintain crash carts and perform monthly checks
- Organize Flu Clinic, CPR certification, OSHA education meeting
- Maintain OSHA standards throughout office
- Assist with MRI biopsies when required
- Use of Avairis
- Use of Rochester RHIO to obtain pertinent test results relevant to MRI
- Coordinate vacations and sick days around per diem coverage
- Patient Call List-reaches out to previous cancer patients on behalf of EWBC to follow up on patient and document
- Infectious disease-assists in determining patient safety for any infectious disease or related condition. Educates staff on protocols
- Reports to MRI department manager for and concerns, questions, or instructions
- Works with Radiologist in case of emergency and follows direction on critical patient care
- Trained in Power Injector usage
Registered Nurse Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with excellent IV skills
- Current NYS license
- Ability to work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others. Compassionate.
- Team player
- Experience in the Radiology setting preferred
- BLS required ACLS preferred
Position Description: Exciting opportunity for a board certified/board eligible genetic counselor or Nurse Practitioner with Genetics experience to join our Genetic Counseling and Cancer Risk Assessment Office. The genetic counselor will provide genetic education, counseling and psychological support to affected individuals as well as at-risk family members.
- Provide genetic counseling services for a wide variety of inherited cancer syndromes in a fast-paced clinical setting.
- Work as part of a dynamic team under the supervision of a senior genetic counselor and in collaboration with a multiple-member support staff team.
- Candidates must hold a Master’s degree in genetic counseling from an accredited ABGC (American Board of Genetic Counseling) training program and be Board Eligible/Board Certified by ABGC or ACMG (American Board of Medical Genetics) OR a Nurse Practitioner experience in Genetics.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate medical information, test results, diagnoses and management plans in an easily understood manner.
- Experience and/or interest in research is also desirable.
- Candidates must have excellent writing skills.
- Be able to work independently as well as with a team.
Position Description: FULL or PART TIME (3 or 4 days a week)
Contributes to quality patient care while performing diagnostic imaging examinations.
Responsible for understanding MRI safety concepts, resources and regulations.Siemens Aera: to to work on the unit, understand its capabilities, its protocols, image quality, etc. Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation and consent. Perform diagnostic images. Tech will act as liaison with service engineers for both the scanner and the chiller when needed. Be familiar with disaster plan scenarios for power outage, down scanner, etc. (see disaster recovery manual)
Partnership with Lead MRI Technologist:
- Tech must work in partnership with Lead MRI technologist.
- Stay in close communication, especially in times of scanner being down.
Partnership with other MRI techs:
- Be a resource and a teacher where needed.
- Go over images together for maximum quality.
- Two years of Breast MRI experience preferred
- MRI Technologist certification preferred
- Ability to interpret images quality
Contributes to quality patient care while delivering radiologic procedures, operates radiologic equipment and performs mammography procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disease.
- Prepares and positions patient for mammography procedures.
- Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation and consent.
- Moves imaging equipment into specified position, determines exposure factors based on patient characteristics and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density, and accuracy.
- Performs routine views and additional views as needed.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Reviews images for proper identification and quality control.
- Answers patients’ questions regarding breast self exam.
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician.
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
- Routine completion of daily, weekly, and semi-annually quality control procedures and paperwork
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
- Prepares necessary notes in patient’s electronic medical record.
Has thorough knowledge of PACS and Avaris(dashboard).
- Quality Control of various digital equipment.
- Research Studies
Education and/or Experience:
- Two year program from college or technical school with licensure and registration and three to six months
related experience and/or training
- Ability to interpret images quality
- Must be certified; mammography certification option, but will be required once employed
Delivers quality patient care while performing diagnostic and screening breast ultrasound and related diagnostic procedures. Must have the ability to independently operate ultrasound equipment and assist physicians in the diagnosis process.
All Sonographers must be qualified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), have academic and clinical experience in sonography, remain current and up-to-date with continuing education (30 CME’s/ 3 years) and be active members of the ARDMS organization.
Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography program with appropriate clinical experience.
● Must be registry eligible upon graduation but certification by the ARDMS in the appropriate specialty areas will be required once employed.
IT/computer science field Major
Basic IT skills, general computer knowledge, knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or LibreOffice. Fielding basic help desk calls, organizing within the department, setting up computers, assisting with basic computer questions from users, etc.