Elizabeth Wende Breast Care, LLC employees take great satisfaction in serving our patients and making EWBC a Center of Excellence. They are dedicated and caring professionals whose goal is to make the patients visit here as pleasant as possible often at a time of anxiety.
EWBC offers a competitive benefits package; health & dental coverage, life insurance, long & short term disability and a 401k.
If you are looking for a great work environment, wonderful employees, generous time off, and a workplace committed to helping women, please feel free to send or fax your resume. Download Application now.
We will keep your resume on file for one year in the event a job is posted. Thank you for your interest in EWBC.
Kim Scott, Human Resources
Elizabeth Wende Breast Care, LLC
170 Sawgrass Drive
Rochester, NY 14620
This position has direct contact with patients to ensure their time at the clinic is pleasant, answer any questions they have regarding appointment status and insurance and handle any concerns the patient has regarding the clinic and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison between the patient and her visit with EWBC; ensure patients visit is professional and comfortable.
- Communicate with staff regarding patient’s questions, concerns, problems and special needs.
- Communicates with patient and/or family members in a caring and professional manner.
- Address patient calls requiring attention.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Associate’s Degree or 1-3 years experience
- Ability to handle sensitive information
Position Description: To prepare MRI patients for their exams. Obtain IV access, review medical history to ensure patient is able to safely complete the exam.
- Provide education and support to patients having MRI
- Screen patients for safety
- Place IV for MRI contrast administration
- Triage any patient reactions, document, and communicate with referring doctors
- Triage any EWBC patients within the office who are in need of medical assistance throughout their appointment
- Demonstrate ability and appropriate technical skills when administering treatments and procedures in accordance with physicians orders
- Work with Radiologist following specific guidelines in determining patients who will require medication for MRI due to history of allergy reaction to contrast dye. Contact patient to communicate directions.
- Order and stock supplies needed for MRI injections and patient care
- Maintain crash carts and perform monthly checks
- Organize Flu Clinic, CPR certification, OSHA education meeting
- Maintain OSHA standards throughout office
- Assist with MRI biopsies when required
- Use of Avairis medical software
- Use of Rochester RHIO to obtain pertinent test results relevant to MRI
- Coordinate vacations and sick days around per diem coverage
- Patient Call List-reaches out to previous cancer patients on behalf of EWBC to follow up on patient and document
- Infectious disease-assists in determining patient safety for any infectious disease or related condition. Educates staff on protocols
- Reports to MRI department manager for and concerns, questions, or instructions
- Works with Radiologist in case of emergency and follows direction on critical patient care
- Trained in Power Injector usage
Registered Nurse Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with excellent IV skills
- Current NYS license
- Ability to work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others. Compassionate.
- Team player
- ACLS certified
Front Desk/Appointment Specialist
- Greet and check in/out patients at the front desk
- Take co-pay amount upon check out
- Enter patient information into medical software
- Ensure patient information is accurate in system and make necessary corrections per clinic protocol
- Answer patient questions • Escort patients to waiting room and explain clinic process
- Ensure all front desk procedures are followed • Verify insurance for patients with upcoming appointments
- Answer in-coming phone calls and route calls, if necessary, to appropriate individual
- Make appointments for patients following clinic protocol
- Answer patient questions • Verify all patient information
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree or 1-3 years equivalent industry experience
- Ability to handle sensitive information
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Must be able to type
- Computer knowledge
Individual must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Contributes to quality patient care while delivering radiologic procedures, operates radiologic equipment and performs mammography procedures to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disease.
- Prepares and positions patient for mammography procedures.
- Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation and consent.
- Moves imaging equipment into specified position, determines exposure factors based on patient characteristics and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density, and accuracy.
- Performs routine views and additional views as needed.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Reviews images for proper identification and quality control.
- Answers patients' questions regarding breast self exam.
- Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician.
- Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
- Routine completion of daily, weekly, and semi-annually quality control procedures and paperwork
- Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
- Prepares necessary notes in patient’s electronic medical record.
- Has thorough knowledge of PACS and Avaris(dashboard).
- Quality Control of various digital equipment.
- Research Studies
Education and/or Experience:
- Two year program from college or technical school with licensure and registration and three to six months
related experience and/or training
- Ability to interpret images quality.
- Must be certified; mammography certification option, but will be required once employed
Delivers quality patient care while performing diagnostic and screening breast ultrasound and related diagnostic procedures. Must have the ability to independently operate ultrasound equipment and assist physicians in the diagnosis process.
All Sonographers must be qualified by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), have academic and clinical experience in sonography, remain current and up-to-date with continuing education (30 CME's/ 3 years) and be active members of the ARDMS organization.
● Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography program with appropriate clinical experience.
● Must be registry eligible upon graduation but certification by the ARDMS in the appropriate specialty areas will be required once employed.
We are seeking a New York State licensed Nuclear Medicine technologist to fulfill a temporary position as a study technologist. The position requires availability 1-2 days a week beginning in September. End date is to be determined. This technologist will be responsible for imaging study subjects with a dedicated breast imaging device. Additional responsibilities will include Quality Control and site compliance.
IT/computer science field Major
Basic IT skills, general computer knowledge, knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or LibreOffice. Fielding basic help desk calls, organizing within the department, setting up computers, assisting with basic computer questions from users, etc.